Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random and randomer

Uh oh! I now have the scary ability to load multiple photos at once, which is a feature added in the most timely of fashions, as I had WAY too many (as you can now see, beside the hundred and a half more you won't see) from the boats, homes and harbors show. What can I say? I like pretty boats!

On a side note, having nothing to do with boats but having everything to do with swiftly gliding, we went to see Taj Mahal last night. I'd never seen him in person (or if I did, it's lost in the cloudy memories called the early 70's) and had no idea what a showman he is. The Camden Opera House is a very small, intimate venue and the seating was first come, first served. We were second row, front and center. From the opening note, the crowd was roaring, a roar unlike any I've ever heard at a concert before, deep and throaty, not high and hysterical. It was truly intense, lowering and lowering until all that was left was his singing, his guitar. A trio made up of him, a bass player and a drummer. A simple sheet-like background with a color wheel. What else was needed, he WAS the show, the bass and drums doing steady, unflashy back up. Add in that he's damn funny too! If you get the chance to see him, just say yes; he's 72 and who knows how many chances are left? No photos, not allowed. Ok, back to the boats!





























If you got this far, I'm going away from boats again here. Culebra's school is in crisis mode, about to close, with only two teachers instead of 13. You can read more about it here. I'm actually at a loss for words here, except, HELLO PR GOVERNMENT!!! What the hell is going on?  Our children are not disposable.

No comments:

Post a Comment