Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Start of a catch up

My weekend in Vieques turned into a bit more than that, but I'm home again and there are a few hundred photos to sort. With no television and only one glance at a computer to check on the storm Tomas to make sure I didn't need to hightail it, in slow motion ferry style, back to Culebra, I unintentionally avoided the madness of following the election results, the constantness of being online following the weather and on the not so plus side, missing Halloween fun here. Instead, I acted like a complete tourist, touring parts of Vieques I've never seen before, by rental vehicle. That ranged from awesome to funny, while catching up with old friends in between. An unexpected mini-holiday indeed. Like I needed another one! Life is good.

The ferries ran on time, all six of them!
And the results of it all are in. A few key crazy people didn't get elected, a few did, with Democrats losing the House and maintaining the Senate. Scapegoat-o-rama. Tomas is still hanging south of major land masses, and is now a Tropical Depression, hopefully sparing Haiti as much devastation as originally seemed possible. Of course, any major rain over Haiti is going to be a bad thing... Halloween is over (we heard it, didn't play in it Vieques style).

Shadows and sun, rain, and slightly rough seas  - Tomas didn't stop the ferries
All in all, a good time. And now, back to my excellent reality. More photos to come, and a few stories, but right now it is time to get back in the groove of my life. More anon.

Have a wonderous Wednesday! Do something wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment