Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer River Fun

Opening presents
A 6 year old's birthday party was enough of an excuse to get down to the river. Especially because he happens to be a 6 year old I like a lot. And his name is Sammy. What's better than a new buddy you really like named Sammy?

So along with all the relatives - grandmas and grandpas and uncles and aunts and cousins, we came along to play in the water, eat good food and watch Candle Wish Cake Time. A good day (well, there was that heart stopping moment when my son jumped off a once upon a time bridge edge into the river...why can a 32 year old man make a mother's heart stop as if he were 6?), a very good time. And those salmon roll ups were amazing, Audrey!!! Yes, that would be fresh caught, wild salmon...


 Nesta checking out the scene before her boy jumps

 There he goes!

 Ok, I can breathe again

 I was thinking about Gus, how I didn't know him as a child, 
but I could imagine him, with his love of the water, doing these things

 Vrai's first jump

 Surfboards and snorkels on the river

 A little impromptu music - there is a lot of homegrown music out here

 Grandma Janet, starting 'em young

 Another jumping boy

 Sammy making his wish...lucky guy, two cakes! two wishes!


End of the day...
'
It's the little things that make the big things. Don't forget it!

Have a tenderfoot Thursday. Do something teachable.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! I wish we had rivers in Grand Cayman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! There are some awesome rivers on Puerto Rico (the big island) but somehow I never seem to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pix could have easily been shot at Ozark National Scenic Riverways, Missouri's only true National Park (the Arch shouldn't count). We snorkle and do rope swings and scare our moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful country we live in...and scaring Mom's is an international pastime, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete