Monday, June 25, 2012

Debby Dancing

Tropical Storm Debby danced all over Florida yesterday, and is still having a slow time making her exit. But the west coast felt the brunt of her and I am sure there are many stories yet to be heard. Around here we had on and off rains and wind, but it finally stopped raining so we, along with a surprising number of others on this little spot of Florida coast, ran outside to play (while many farther north and west were many hours away from that relief).

The pool is full, you can stop now, Debby.
This guy found a perfect blue wine glass, probably off a cruise ship. Score!
The storm drains were overwhelmed. At least I hope it was the storm drains. We didn't walk in that water.
Hillsborough Inlet was wicked rough. No fishing today, folks.
All the charter boats were tucked into their berths.
With the residents restless
High flyers

Just in case you don't notice all the boats...
My bro patiently waiting for me in the manatee area. We did not run over any, I promise.
We drove by some ginormous houses. I wish I could say I thought they were wonderful but
I can't really get behind such blatant personal consumption, especially seeing three new monstrosities going up.
Hard times? Really? For whom? (and no, not everyone who has a huge home buys it with bloodied money but...)
The surfers and parasailers were out. Form your own opinion on the wisdom of that. 
Deerfield Beach. There is a lot of street/beachscape work going on around here and that's a good thing.
It looks more benign than it actually was.
We sat out another squall with rum runners - my bro's choice -
and oysters at a hotel cafe across the street from the beach. 
oh oh oh!
This guy appeared a wee bit crazy, reading a newspaper in the rain, sometimes kneeling.
The waitress told us he occasionally he wears a clown wig.
I've never seen a homeless guy in quite as good shape as this fellow, but there you have it.
Deerfield Beach raises the bar.
Another surfer says enough. Very good.


Debby continues her strange journey amongst a lot of widely varying speculation as to what happens next with her. In the meantime, parts of Florida have been hammered with rain and a few tornadoes. Hopefully she won't be interfering with my flight out of here tomorrow. Connecticut here I come!

Have a memorable in the good way Monday! Do something multicolored.

1 comment:

  1. We've had the clouds and rain to think we were generating some kind of storm.

    ReplyDelete