Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Under the Sun

Nope, I didn't see the transit of Venus yesterday. But a lot of people near and far did. This photo is one of my favorites.

"The planet Venus crosses the upper right portion of the sun as seen from Edgewater Park in Cleveland on Tuesday, June 5, 2012. The next transit of Venus won't be for another 105 years. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan)"
 I did see the transit of my favorite flamboyant tree on Culebra, though.





The Baby wasn't transiting anywhere. It was hot and shade was good. This is one of those horses that acts like a puppy dog, loving a good scratch, nosing my hands and shirt, sure there must be a treat somewhere. Hence, Baby.


There was a rare transit out to the water in mid-week, too. The water temps are just on the edge of coolness and warmth, the temperature I like best. The heat of the day is washed off, with some refreshing in there too. Soon, too soon, it will be bathtub warm. Which, since not many of us have bathtubs around, can be a good thing, but not the pick me up of winter.


A friend shared this song with me and I want to share it with you. I never heard of this guy before, but I think there is a lot more listening ahead.

I'm home.

Have a wonder where Wednesday. Do something idle a while.

2 comments:

  1. I can't afford to be idle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key words, for awhile! We can't afford NOT to have idle moments (heads explode without them).

    ReplyDelete