Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yes, you were right, it is simply Tuesday!

I feed the chickens in the morning and while I may go by the coop again before the next feeding, sometimes that doesn't happen. Yesterday was one of those days. Even out messing with plants, I barely glanced that way. It was the heat of the day time and everything felt siesta like - I know a good idea when I feel it.

But later, walking toward the coop, I saw it. I not only saw it, I saw, in a flash, my life on Culebra go by me, which for the most part, has been a gift. Really.


I have only a vague couple of guesses about who came over and decorated the chicken coop with a palm frond, blooming hand painted flowers made from liter bottle tops, but I thank you (and if it was you who also left the chicken wire? thanks more!).

I thank you for not only your gift, which is so awesome, but for the tidal flow of fine point occasional memories - coming home to find something tucked up on the shelf on my porch, hanging from the door knob cleat, sitting on the outside table. Usually something practical, sometimes something edible, once in awhile something impractical, inedible, a soul smile stretcher.

I usually either know or suspect who has left something and almost always find out, though there has been a mystery or two over the years. I imagine this won't remain a mystery, but until it is solved, it's fun to guess.

And that, in one of my favoritely awkward later in the life vernacular cliches, is just how Culebra rolls.

Have a treetop Tuesday! Do something to the max.

5 comments:

  1. While you're on a roll, check the post office...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flash art. Random beauty. The anti-terrorism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, shall do! I have to go in later today...oh boy! Anti-terrorism indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool, nice vandalism. I remember once in Virginia someone made an artwork in the median on the highway with a bunch of old antennas. It was very pleasant and interesting to see while driving. It made it in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All true except for the word vandalism:


    van·dal·ism (vndl-zm)
    n.
    Willful or malicious destruction of public or private property.

    I think it would be more the antonym of that word:


    Opposite of vandalism:

    "advantage, benefit, blessing, good, pleasure"

    ReplyDelete