Saturday, June 9, 2012

In the Pink

The other night, one of my occasional Advil PM toss-me-back-into-the-rhythym-of-sleep nights, just on the drowsed out edge of zzzzzz, I heard the cat and this lately-interloping-the-cat's personal-space cat going at it tooth and nail. Or it sounded like that, to my ears. It stopped and then restarted, fierce, primordial, scary. I didn't want to see the cat in bloody shreds so I stumbled to the door, then stumbled out the door, then slammed my ribs onto the edge of the laundry sink, which, while painful (and yes it is bruisingly, embarrassingly painful but nothing is cracked or broken, thank you for asking) probably kept me from smashing my face into the pretty rocky ground below. A few hose blasts made the bad cat go away, Cwim was unbloodied. All was well...if I don't laugh too hard. I love Advil PM, but do not do anything potentially dangerous if you use it. In my case, that includes walking.

The point of telling that is to say, I wasn't exactly wandering around with my camera yesterday. Until, late in the afternoon, semi-sitting up in bed reading, my eyes were drawn to the window. The filled with pink window. The filled with pink room. It was a pink moment! They happen sometimes, sometimes purple (which, frankly, I prefer to pink, but I'll take either/or). I had to go out and see it and why not take the camera too?

A pink bay
With rolly pink clouds
Over a pink boat on a pink seascape
With pink horses nearby (it's hard to tell how pink they looked; you'll just have to trust me)
I'm sure there is some logical and scientific explanation for this maybe once, maybe twice a year phenomenon. The first time it happened I was sure I wouldn't be able to get a photo of it, it was too...ethereally weird. Like capturing a taste to share somehow. But there it was, purple air. And here it is, pink. I don't want that explanation, PFmagic is good enough for me.

And yes, I confess, I had to check and see if the chickens would be pink too. If the light inside my place was pink, why not the light inside the coop? But it was so close to dark by then, there wasn't much in the way of light in the coop at all. So I flashed 'em. Only one of them wasn't on the roosting branch, where they sleep all tucked up together, like when they were babies but...higher off the ground, with long toenails.


Congratulations to Dan and Daryl on their Nuptial Day! Wishing you both a long life of shared peace, joy, laughter and good health!

Have a (s)elebratory Saturday! Do something scrumptiously sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment