Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strange Brew

The weather here is just as weird as at home, predictability wise. We were going to drive over to the west coast (of Fla) Saturday to see some old friends of mine that I haven't seen in...well, that math is beyond me at the moment, but it looked like it would be a wet drive if not dangerously,  at the least, unscenically.  We cancelled and now it looks like it might have been a bit beautiful. Next time!

View from the open ended hallway of the apt. looking to the Intercoastal
or southwest, as you direction obsessed types would put it.

Now the grey clouds of yesterday, the steady rain/sprinkle that was supposed to continue today is now all sort of sunshine, watery grey/blue skies instead of pure grey and lots of rain. There are lots of chirpy birds too. Which I can hear really well because ALL OF THE WINDOWS ARE OPEN! and it's cooler with the breeze than if there was a/c on. Zowie. In June. With low humidity. In Florida. I think I could be tripping. Will check the coffee.

Before that happened today, rewind to yesterday after dinner when we did take a walk to the beach, which was deeply covered in seaweed. I guess the Coast Guard was checking it out too. That was a BIG chopper! There was also a guy out stand up paddle boarding. With it blowing 25 knots. Against the current. And a parasailer too. I tried to take video but it wasn't happening, so just use your vivid imaginations.
Yes, Jonny, I see it. Thanks.

The one nasty thing, well, beside slogging through a lot of wet seaweed but by then it was sprinkling again, so who cared?, was some really serious trash. Not the cool trash of a storm washed beach, like awesome shells, driftwood, strange creatures, but the plastic trash of throwaway societies, including boaters out there who really believe that if you are 20 miles offshore and trash your regular trash it will never be seen again. Uh, not true. Really. Of course, that made me the bane of any delivery crew I was ever with. Oh well. Trash schlepping got added to my (incredibly distinguished) resume.

A decapitated honorific icon for a small animal tribe somewhere unknown. I imagine the revolution wasn't pretty.
All those tapes? Turtle nests!!! 
Have a take it to the top Thursday. Be something untoppable.


No comments:

Post a Comment