Friday, June 22, 2012

Pompano Beach Free Range Friday

I have to get out of here soon because if I don't I won't fit in the plane seat! Food festing is not for the faint of heart attacks. These are some of the meals we've cooked since I got here. Don't tell the cat.

Incredibly yummy salmon my bro made. Crispy salmon skin is the treat, like the lechon of the fish world
Brushed in olive oil, teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper. 7 minutes a side, skin side down first. Buen provecho!
And just as purty on the inside
Cornish hens done in the set it and forget it. Serious yum factor of 10.

The rice is from this gigantic burrito we got at some place that I could only eat half. I made an extra cup of rice and it was more than enough for the two of us. It had chicken and refried beans and I tossed in the salsa(s). And chopped up jalapeƱos. And more garlic. And some cumin. And maybe a couple more spices. Season to taste. For some reason, and I think it is a male genetic thing, my brother felt a need to stab my dear little cornish hen with his knife a split second before I took this photo. I can live with that. 
An indoor picnic of what I call Carnival Dinner. Except you can't get wine at a carnival. 
Set it and forget it  is one of the few things that is advertised on television that I have used and thought, this is GREAT!!!! I've used one on Culebra, and my bro got one off Craigslist for 18 bucks. I did the sausages in it too, using the basket. It is big and takes up too much room but it's worth it if you want to get close to the idea of grilling without being outside. No charcoal flavor but beside that (a biggie in my opinion, because I love grilling) it really does make a great meal easily. No, they haven't paid me to endorse it but if they want to? I'm in!

And now it's time for my birthday beach walk. Gotta make room for the birthday Bloody Mary soon to follow! Woo hoo! Birthday with my bro. Look out, Pompano Beach (where no one will sing happy birthday to me 15 times in increasingly slurring voices).

Have a frivolity brought us here and don't forget it Friday. Do something unforgettable.

4 comments:

  1. Give us another hour or so and Aaron and I will absolutely be singing happy birthday in slurred voices! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! Enjoy your night and sing loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...H-h-happp-y-y B-u-rsh-day a daoy layyaaayayte...

    ReplyDelete