Friday, October 12, 2012

Free Range Friday Culebra ~ Beachy Eggs

No, I did not cook eggs at the beach. But in answer to that age old question, which came first, the beach or the eggs, I can answer you now. The beach came first, as well it should.

But before the beach, the bay came. That doesn't sound too scientific, but roll with me, because the first few shots are from yesterday morning.

Shooting directly into the sun is interesting sometimes...
No matter where I went, that sailboat was determined to be in the shot.
 As I was leaving town, I ran into the road guys Hombres at Work. It wasn't in the least band like, but it will be nice to have smooth roads again for awhile. Like the triathlon on St. Croix, certain events on islands mean paved roads, cleaned up roadsides, trash cleaning and a few more positives that get special attention. In the VI's during elections, they call this Bull and Bread. You figure it out.


Back to the beach! The water was slightly cooler this morning, but not at all cold once the barriers were breached. Breached on the beach. Sorry...I couldn't stop myself.

If you look really closely, you can see the sailboat out there. Where's that trasnsport machine?


How I actually captured this wavelet with the phone camera is one of the Photography Gods little chuckles.

The chickens had been fed and watered hours before, and it was time for the cackle berries to be taken away from them. Thank you, ladies! Whichever ones you are.

Of COURSE I broke a yolk, when I hardly ever do that. But hey, I was not going to crack two more eggs
just to impress you with my culinary genius. Are these eggs pretty or are these eggs pretty?
Ok, I admit it. eggs from the chickens and some of my own rye bread feels really good to have as a meal. Now to get some veggies growing and take advantage of the fact that we can grow year 'round here if we work it.

Invest 98 really does bear some watching, with some expecting it to become TS Rafael sooner than later. It's easy at this time of year to be out of the prep mode and onto the upcoming holidays, but hey, the fat lady hasn't sung yet and you shouldn't either, if you have a home here, have a plan here. 


Have a fill yourself full of fine food Friday! Do something fervently.

No comments:

Post a Comment