Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Melones Healing

I think I'm finally getting my predictably erratic, but still timely sleep rhythm back. Or, it was the ginger tea. This is the reward.


That wasn't what I wanted to say. but how can I ignore such a gift? Or get it and not share it? Impossible! Moving along...

The little beach of Melones is an everchanging place. Of course, any beach is, but to me, this one more than others. Sometimes it seems almost uninviting; in my mind I'd color it brown. And then there are days like yesterday, when the water is so clear that gin clear seems like a cloudy description, a too thin description - this clearness was full of fullness. A perfect temperature (like Goldilocks I know what feels just right for me), a smoothness, lush like silk - and leaving it is something that should be delayed for hours.


Melones is really two beaches. Two very different beaches within yards of each other, on a 'corner' if you will, and if you were blindfolded and taken for a drive between going from one to the other, you'd probably swear you were nowhere near where you had just been. Or at least, after ten years here, I still feel that way.


Yesterday, the 'other' Melones was sparkling like a sapphire, as it often does. The sun on the water, the water alone, arrested all sight to itself, a self that called to be taken in, long past leaving, to seep into the rest of the day, along with that silky water feeling. That feeling that, despite all the troubles on the stage of the world, the whole world, the closer world, everything could be just fine. Not bad for a couple of tiny beaches on a tiny island out in the sea in the back of somewhere.

This room view seemed to fit into the day. I saw it on facebook, but it came from someplace else and try as I did, I couldn't find out any more about it. Except that it's perfect.



Have a tranquil Tuesday. Do something tensionless.


4 comments:

  1. Melones is one of our favorite beaches. We go to the side with the picnic tables, walk towards the point and hang our hamaca on the seagrape trees in the shade. There's always an onshore breeze and boat traffic for entertainment(something we don't need alot of).

    ReplyDelete