Saturday, February 7, 2009

Friday here's the deal

Suddenly it's Friday!! Well, gotta tell you something right now. There is a book I love very much. A book I bought a lot and gave away a lot, a couple of life times ago. It was called Einsteins's Dreams and it is one of the strangest, most bewildering and dreamy books I've ever read, and enjoyed because...it reflected what was in my mind already. What was in it was what I thought, and thought was strange but here was a book! oh, has someone thought this and oh joy! someone far more clever than myself had, and had expressed it oh so well. If you don't want your world shifted, do NOT read this book. This book gave me over joy. And still does. So what do you think about that, if you'll tell me?

Tonight should have been What's in this...Friday. And I could cheat but I won't. I bought chicken breasts (perchuga) at Milka's and took them home They were doused in sesame dressing with garlic, a bit of hot sauce and a DAB of sesame oil...HOT style, in a probably pretty awful marsala cooking wine (which has been acceptable to me...so it goes). I let them soak in the above, with a good dousing of garlic, for about two hours before I fired up the grill....so difficult when it's propane. Turn to on, click ignite, cook until...(oh my it's raining!) there are no bloody bits. Sure! Cut those breasts in half if you're not sure....there is no Food Network god watching...good joy.

And yes, with that good pure clean perchuga should be a starch, a veggie...however this was not the night that is going to happen. Instead, this was the night I went to Mamacita's and listened to Anthony tell me about his beyond yoga massage work, and listened to a really nice guy from St. Thomas who kept getting interuppted by other stuff while we planned the move to Susie's. A lovely progression of an already good night! Meeting Charlie the Kid.

I have to add, for the meal of it...the potatoes I cooked. And for veg? A perfectly ripe avocado, with a drib drab of balsamic vinegar and salt sprinkling. And that is enough to make yum for me!

More anon. I think I'm done for now...it's tomorrow already!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment