Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewells to 2010...Best of's

Only a few eye blinks more and this year will be behind us. I was looking at some Best of 2010 lists and thought I'd post some of them here for your (and my) perusal. And because last year's beginning is as fuzzy in my mind as dryer lint after a towel load.

Time's list of Best Blogs of 2010 (and I'm not on it, what's up with that?)

TV.com's Best Shows (I've seen...one of them...I think)

NPR's Best Books of 2010 (many categories, many books to read!)
I didn't read this one...yet
Rolling Stone's 50 Best Songs of 2010 (nope, I haven't heard many of them)
Dang, I missed some of these too!
Wired's 10 Best Gadgets of 2010 (and you know the ipad is # uno!)


Reuters Best Photos of 2010 (there are lots of 'best photos of 2010 lists but this one is pretty great)


Of course, there are many more lists, but that should give you some reading material for awhile, at least until the midnight hour changes the date.

For myself, my favorite blogs of the year continue on the path I've shared with you all over the year, a lot of Tiny House Blog, a few cooking blogs, a couple of new blogs, one being Lloyd's Blog and others you'll get linked to if you hang around here long enough.
I can't say what the best book I read this year was named, I read a lot of good books. I don't watch television, so I don't have a best there. It's been a crazy year, but for me, the best thing that happened to me was seeing my children, grandchildren and brother across the country. Those visits can still bring a huge grin to my face and heart for months after the actual events...when I need that most. And this has been a year of needing that most more than a few times. But that's another list you won't see here. And the bridge got fixed! I mean, really fixed, finished, done, safe! That was, and is, pretty great.
What's on your Best of 2010 list? Remember the good and let's hope for lots more of it in 2011!
Have a transparent Thursday! Do something truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment