Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Belated Anniversary Thank You!

First photo on first blog post
With being hither, thither and yon, I forgot my third anniversary of starting this blog, at the end of September 2008.

As much as we celebrate yearly events around here, it's easy to overlook one that takes up, almost always, a part of my every day.

It would be like carving yourself a gigantic birthday candle all year long, a sliver here, a flourish there. And then forget to put the wick in the thing on the actual day. If you can follow that, you are one of my hero readers!


The reason for making this post is to thank you, gentle and not so gentle readers. When I want to ramble, or laugh or cry, when I want to try somehow to capture and share the beauty, silliness, fun in pixels, you give back to me the reason I do it in this form.


While I'm not a comment loaded blog, your emails, your comments on the street, your occasional real mail notes - all let me know that I'm giving something even while I'm getting so much more.


Almost 100,000 views from 150 countries and territories, for a little blog from tiny Culebra that doesn't mention sex?


So thank you! Three feels like a very good age, Walkin' talkin' and wildly curious about this amazing world, even with stubbed toes. If I forget, I'll just hang out with our local three year old's to remind myself...or I'll hear from you, to set me back on the very meandering path I try to follow true.


I started alone and then you joined me. It makes me feel like dancing!


Have a true to yourself Tuesday! Do something teachable.

16 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. I read your posts every day, pret-near. You make Culebra part of my life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned sex when you said you don't mention sex!
    Happy Blog-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !aniversario feliz! Thank you MJ for your gifted insights into the beauty of life, and sharing a daily dose of beloved Culebra with us all.
    Patty & Serge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great and personal view from Paradox. Thanks for 1106 days(and counting) of documentary delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank us? Thank you! You are the tie that binds many people to their heart home. When days/lives/times are bleak at my reality home, I take the time out to read your blog, sometimes more than once a day. It never fails to lift me (okay, except when you must post bleak news about Culebra), and it always makes my day a little cheerier.

    So, THANK YOU, you awesome, wonderful bloggess.

    Hugs!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, that should up my findability on google somehow. Thanks. A lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary MJ!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving all of us who love Culebra our daily fix until we are blessed to be back on island. And also for those of us who love YOU, getting our MJ fix and virtual connection until we get to hug you and see your smiling face in person!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? See how lucky I am?? See?? xoxoxoxox back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, MJ. Each day you bring a little bit of Culebra to those of us who can't be there in person as often as we'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're most welcome, Bob! We'll be here when you get back and so will all of the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to the head's up of Debbie, I found three comments that didn't automatically show up! So...

    Patty & Serge, Doug and Debbie, wow, thank you so much and you are all so welcome! Sending out these missives is like casting bread on the water...I never know where it goes or who it feeds or if I'm just playing happy one sided frisbee with my Culebra (and yes, a few other places) views, so when I get back what all of you have shared, because of our mutual love of Culebra, my eyes open wider, my heart is more full and I think, ok, I'll keep on doing this!

    Salud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i found your blog and reading it from the end to the begining:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Anonymous, it's a roller coaster ride...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary to us all and thank you. When I come home from a hard days work (or an easy one), sit down at my desk and goose my mouse you're the first thing that pops up. My tension wanes and I drift off to Culebra...148 days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shawke, thank you. I'm not sure if goosing your mouse and my blog popping up are related, but it had to be said. See how those days are flying off the calendar?

    ReplyDelete