Thursday, October 13, 2011

A little rain doesn't hurt

Last night brought a nice, strong rain. The radar is dotted with bits and blobs, so we may or may not get more, the earth and cisterns getting a nod to the good. I'll never know why rain does what it does when five time the amount of city water doesn't have nearly the same effect and I'm always in awe over it (no, I really don't want the scientific explanation, when I know for a fact that it is obviously magic).

These are from yesterday. The flowering tree is one left, thankfully, from a row of them that got taken down; I don't know why. I love these blossoms, like baby orchids.


Mr. Bee loves them too

This water shot is from a part of the island where I rarely go. I'd have taken more, but it was waaaaayyyy too hot to go walking. Not a bad view for a working perspective though!

Do you know where this is?

Have a tree-treat Thursday! Do something tactile. 

6 comments:

  1. Of course it's going to rain here. Not on the weather report, but I mowed yesterday, rain today, then I'll need to mow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it rained here because I had laundry on the line. Oh well, it makes it easier to pull weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's another bay that I'm not sure of the name, sorry, but I can tell you it's on the other side of the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Dakity or from Casita MJ? At first I thought that might be the saddle between the two humps of Luis Pena, but now I'm guessing Puerta Manglar, between M.A.'s and Zoni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your middle guess is the closest, which just goes to show, follow your island instincts!

    ReplyDelete