Thursday, March 8, 2012

Culebra Thursday

Today is International Woman's Day, so make sure you let the women you know how glad you are to have them in your life! I, for one, am so thankful for the woman I know and have known, who have shown me their strength, their compassion, their wisdom and who have made me laugh when I didn't think there was laughter left in my soul. The woman who I talk with, have fun with, work with. I'm blessed by them, their reality and their memory, every day of my life.

Eagle Woman - by: King Kuka


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was full of high winds, wavelets in the harbour, waves breaking on reefs, and a few crazy sailors hobby horsing out there when most were tucked in their various chosen 'ride it out' spots; clouds and rain and sometimes the sun keeping it cool. It was like having the equivalent of a snow day. Well, except for those of us who really had to get some work done, work that wouldn't blow off, in a hair tangling way.

This morning's breeze is not as high, but we still have a high (meaning potentially dangerous) surf warning until 6 p.m tomorrow. It is still cool, still beautiful. Wish you were here, glad I am.

Brand new day, comin' up strong, look out, the sun's gonna hit ya in the eye! (an old Cowboy song)

The wind has dried out the island (careful with the land, it's fire season!)
Orchid on a sea almond
Good morning, Culebra!!

Dedicated to the Most Amazing Woman I know
From the Cowboy album 5'll Getcha Ten

Have a give your women a thought Thursday! Do something telling.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Womens day! Great photos! (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you will, ask the wind to lay by five Friday afternoon. That's when our plane weaves through the pass. Always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might very well get your wish; it's predicted to be much better by then. However, I will ask. If the answer is whooooshhh! I'll apologize in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos! I'll prapare for the next international women's day for my mother and sister :)

    ReplyDelete