Friday, March 30, 2012

A Whole Lotta Photos

It's been rain on and off, off and on, with spotlights of sun keeping me close to  home. A good thing, as it should be. Out to the chicks, out to the water, out to the garden. The cat never far away. I am wallowing in home. Wallow wallow.

Little Stumpy, back in general population now!
Show me your tail feathers!
'Whenever you are done messing about with what could be my lunch, I'm ready'
Gifts of the rain
I had taken the above photo and turned off the camera when I looked up and basically in front of my face, a foot away, was this guy. He just sat there, posing (how do you like this side, no this side no this side, excuse me while I groom, now this side) for about two minutes. I finally stopped taking shots and just stood there, looking at him looking at me. He won, I walked before he flew. Nice.


I've never seen so many of his colors before (and trust me, I've looked a lot)
Now, get this side
My good friends call me Spike
I'm sorry but...is this bird for real?
Front and centered
Is that a...cat down there?

After that, I was pretty filled with magic-ness. It started to rain again and I decided not to press my photographic luck. Bread and bed instead. Have I mentioned life is good?

(Have you ever been using regular milk in your coffee and then splurged on half and half and poured it like milk? Baby coffee drink. Next!)


Some glad it's Friday music

Have a fortunate Friday! Do something frivolous.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to put the pic of the neighbors tree up for identification, now I want to know what it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually walked over to do just that but it was so grey out that I thought I'd wait for some sun! Hang in there, I've not forgotten. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumpy and Spike - love it!

    ReplyDelete