Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Sweeps

I've been having a lot of fun with a couple of sites that were shared with me, so I thought I'd include them today. One is called Retronaut, a daily grouping of old photos of various and sundry things, people and places. One was a revelation to me (no one knowing me will be real surprised I didn't know this, only lately have movies or television series become a part of my life, via Netflix streaming, thanks, Sarah! I think.)

Did you know that the Hollywood sign in...er...Hollywood originally said Hollywoodland and was built to highlight a housing development? I didn't. The story with photos can be found here.

I think there must be some existential meaning to this photo but damned if I can figure it out.
This other site, AirPano, is incredible. Lots and lots and LOTS of places that have been filmed panoramically, and you can play with the many views, zooming swirling shifting perspective getting dizzy and sort of feeling queasy. It's a bit addictive if you like this sort of thing, so don't have a soufflĂ© in the oven when you decide to check this out. Thank you, Michael Justis!

A tune with Michael and DeAnna on St. Croix
(Trailer Trash With an Ocean View)

While back on Culebra, last night I did this brilliant video of Grady and Louis playing a really good song. The light on the bay was magic light time awesome. The people were happy. Everything was perfect and I was very excited about posting it today. Except for one little detail. I only recorded one second of it. One. Second. Somewhere I hit off, or stop recording or something. Operator error, operator impaired. Bummer. I did get a few other shots, but stopped taking photos because I had it all on the brilliant video. Oops.

Magic light time 
Hi, Computer Balloon John! 
Okay, I was singing, that should explain everything (photo credit: Debbie Newman...grrrr)
Grady and Lewis sang and played some great tunes. We'll have to do the Beatles another day/night.

It was just one of those times when, tired after a long, long day, with Francie and I (the photo I am NOT posting) thinking that stopping for one drink was on the menu. Except I ran into a few people I really wanted to see (David and Sean, so good to see you both! We'll discuss the bad trash issue at Bahia Linda with trash bags in hand sometime...hey campers, clean up after yourselves! Really). And I kept leaving but staying. Until I really did leave. Fun Culebra time. Sorry about the singing. 

Light is in the sky, along with clouds. Right now, we're in the clear! Hope it stays that way.


Have an unsaturated Saturday! Do something sunny. 

And please please please? Pick up your trash and take it to a trash can or the dump or anywhere but on the beach or in the woods. Culebra thanks you.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've driven behind the car that used to have the Virginia Culebra license plate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who that belongs to (or maybe I do and I don't know I know!)

    ReplyDelete