Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Boing Boing



It's kind of incredible how fast the land is responding to the rain we've been getting, as if a time-lapse film was happening in real time, if I'd just sit and watch long enough. Something I can't seem to do.The deeply blue skies of winter are hidden in shades of grey and pale pastels, maybe that is why the new leaves and blooms seem so vivid.

The leaves on this tree are so...many


Some of the trees haven't quite gotten into the swing of Spring yet.


And then there are sights that really don't have a category, just sliding into nebulous Culebra moments.

Hello!
Terrible photo in so many ways but I just really love the feeling from this. Joy Joy!
Random browns at Dinghy Dock
The odd couple
Of course, there is simply Culebra herself. Both of the shots below are from a hillside near where I live. I never stop being amazed at what a short walk and a bit of elevation can do to my world.


Of course, a short walk and elevation do not antique my world. I did that.


In preparing to leave Culebra, these photos will be there to bring back the good memories, the good people, the good times. Not quite Grandma's attic, but it works for me.


Have a Sunday Funday! Do something, shortly.

6 comments:

  1. ...and it works for me too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, MJ, are you leaving Culebra?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ, are you seriously leaving Culebra?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Da nada, Shawke! Scuba Girl and Anon, it WAS April 1st ;) I'm not leaving Culebra seriously or otherwise, except for my yearly 'see my kids and bro' trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos as always! I like the one you like too!

    ReplyDelete