Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How It Goes

1. Feed cat - check
2. Feed & water chicks - check
3. Hear things, look around - check
4. Get camera - check
5. Get lost in the yard - check

If you decide to photograph an iguana above your head, stay to the front part. Just trust me on this.
The sky behind was a dark, steely grey, full of rain. Over my shoulder, the sky was blue and full of sun. This doesn't really capture how the bougie blossom was almost like a spotlight of color, but if you close your eyes...
I can't help but note the irony of feeding/watering/socializing my chicks when this island is full of chickens that fully take care of themselves and their offspring. Too bad they don't lay big brown eggs. But really, it's sort of bizarre..

Neem tree blossoms

Right now there are at least 5 purple flower making plants in my yard. I planted two of them (well, in the case of the orchid - not pictured - it was hung rather than planted). Nature seems to keep to the theme, when she feels like it. I'm pretty sure it is me co-operating with her rather than the other way, though. 

Have a keep your soul in touch Tuesday. Do something with non-thought.

2 comments:

  1. Here it does that too. You look one way, and think it's going to be a beautiful cloudless day, and you look the other, and think a hurricane's coming.
    It's Iguana season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the iguanas in my yard seem to be getting restless. I'm hoping all the greening will keep them away from the food garden section! I'm hoping for no rain today (we've already had a drizzle), so the dinghy epoxy work can be FINISHED. Woo too!!

    ReplyDelete