Saturday, April 7, 2012

Semana Santa Saturday 2012

Ok, with a bit of Friday thrown in too, because last night's full moon could not be skipped over.

I wanted to try walking on this, but it was too beautiful to touch

Yes, you DO see a picture in those leaves against the moon, but you have to tell your own story.
 As I'll be closing down the bread and hot sauce spot at the end of April until next fall, I thought I'd get a picture of it before I forget. 'Someone' told me yesterday that I will always have to have something I do (at least one of the things I do) sitting by the side of the road, mainly for the chatting factor I think. Beats sitting in an office, yes indeed!


On to today. What a fabulous day it is too! So many boats out on the water, while I hear the faint achy groans of tired people here working their tails off to keep the visitors fed, sheltered and happy. Hey visitors, make sure to take good care of your servers, bartenders and cleaning help who make your stay a good one. And for the entire island of Culebra, again, please please please be responsible with your trash, there are plenty of places to put it and if you can't find one, someone here will be glad to help you locate one of those places! We're glad you're having fun, but  no on the ground or in the water leftovers, please.


Even the plants are celebrating. In case you've never seen a century plant, here you go.
The blossoms are from the Spanish bayonet.

I love these blossoms.
Here are the flowers from the yellow blossomed tree. Unfortunately, almost all of them are gone.
I could kick myself for not getting the photo when I first saw it wildly abloom, but that's how it goes sometimes. 
There are boats all over the place zoom zoom zooming and while
I'm not usually a power boat sort of person,
I could definitely have happily been aboard one of them today.
Happy Passover, Happy Easter! Let your little light shine.


Have a sunny Saturday! Do something to let your lights shine!

2 comments:

  1. These photos made me smile. Thanks, I could feel the sun on my face and the breeze in my hair. Yes, I possess a keen sense of the ironic. FrankD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A keen sense of imagination if nothing else, my friend! Glad to have brought you smiles.

    ReplyDelete