Monday, April 16, 2012

Ah, Hello Internet!

Saturday night, with winds gusting to - I have no idea, but I'd bet 35 knots wouldn't be at all outside the realm of possible - even my slow internet was blown away until late this afternoon. Yes, I'm as tired of my technical troubles as you must be. Onward!

At a dinner party last night we had an amazing view of the area that got burned in the fire from Saturday and Sunday.


I always like it when I have the opportunity to see some different view of Culebra. After ten years it seems I should know all of them, but I am far, far from that time; even the same views change enough to keep me entertained, but different is usually good.


After the other big wind event (a few weeks ago) blew away all of the mango blossoms on my brave tree, I figured it would be another year before I saw any more, but the rain we've had brought a surprise, a second blooming, a second chance. I take second chances pretty seriously, so no matter what happens, I thanked the tree for reminding me about them.


There’s a crack in everything.  That’s how the light gets in. -Leonard Cohen

Have a look through the cracks week. Do something surprising.

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for still air during a fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, though the wind did pick up and it got started again...thank goodness for our awesome bomberos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some big wind here the past couple of days. Couldn't open the door because it blew the pictures over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it blew everything off the table I use as a desk, including books! Crazy wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leonard Cohen! One of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete