Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life Unplugged

Yesterday, for some reason only known to the tech gods of Culebra, both the phone and internet were down. Internet came back a few minutes ago, the phone...still down. So this is a fast and birdy post, as for some reason, I have to go do some work. And, for another reason, I'm on about dial-up speed. Thank you, Claro.

Mr. Hummer, enjoying the spray of the hose while I was watering plants
There is a nest in one of my orchid plants and these two flew out of it. It's not such a great photo
technically, but I love the interaction here, like she has some serious complaints going on.
And the other one? I'm pretty sure we've all had that response.
Teresa notes that the laughing gulls are back, along with some other migratory birds, such as the Sandwich Tern. I'm not sure what makes a tern a sandwich, but I'll find out!

Have a welded to reality Wednesday! Do something wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. "I'm not sure what makes a tern a sandwich"
    A. 2 slices of rosemary bread and some mayo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be a bit gamy, I think. Teresa says it's the little bit of a yellow hook on the end of its beak, making it different than the Royal Tern. Better for eating fish sandwiches, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, when the landlines go down, I jump to the wireless network. The cell phone system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's looking more and more like an alternative (that I've resisted for a long long time).

    ReplyDelete