Monday, April 2, 2012

From Sails to Puppy Dog Tales

Some days are just better than others and yesterday was one of those days. Some chores got done in a slow Sunday way. The fresh clean smell of laundry hung up in enough sun and wind that, even with the sky still slightly overcast, there was a pretty good assurance it wouldn't be rained on. Then, just in time to head out to Dakity, the sun really came out, the sky blued up and suddenly it was just as predicted, another beautiful Sunday in Paradox.

If you've been to Dakity, you've seen this houseboat.

Anchored in about 4 feet of water, it's a perfect place to jump in and out of the water, like having a home in the middle of a very, very big pool. Yesterday we broke open (popped open, yes) a bottle of champagne that some friends donated back in January and had mimosas, which are, to me - not a big drinker of champagne, the perfect Sunday Funday beverage (Bloody Mary's also fit well into that category). Good friends, good food, good place; it was a perfectly 'be here now' afternoon.
A good day for sailing too.
John came out to join us (and kindly took us all back in at the end of the day; for a Republican he's pretty ok!).
Ok, John, you now have your picture on the blog! That was easy.

Colors of our world
Ann and I went to Susie's for a nightcap and Greg turned up there as well.
This puppy is in need of a home...I think she looks quite at home already!
But Greg is taking an extended trip soon and can't take her,
 so she is still hoping to feel the love of a forever friend.
If you are interested, let me know!
Monday has begun. I heard the horses next door being fed, now I hear a boat engine puttering around the bay. It's Semana Santa (Holy Week) and from what I hear, we have lots of campers on island. Semana Santa is one of those religious holidays, culminating in Easter Sunday, that seems have combined Spring Break fever with some particular holy days in the Christian calendar. I'm not sure how many campers and partiers actually make it to a church of choice, but I do know that not everyone saying Oh God is being spiritual.

If you bring it in, take it out!
My prayer is that all the campers and other visitors PLEASE!!!! please please pick up your garbage and take it to a trash can or dumpster, use the water sparingly so we don't run out, and if you drink too much, stay right where you are instead of endangering anyone on the land or the water. Let's keep it a good, clean and safe Semana Santa! Culebra thanks you.

Have a meaningful Monday! Do something not mundane.

2 comments:

  1. We're getting ready for our camping weekend too.
    The picture of the man and the puppy is a great picture. I'd like to see more of the houseboat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time camping! Yeah, the puppy and Greg seemed made for each other, alas it can't happen. I'd need permission I don't think I'd get from the owner, but I can ask.

    ReplyDelete