Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gonna Be With Some of My Friends

See the weather line of clouds? It rained 42 drops
Yesterday was very, very still and very - dare I say it, oh sure, why not? - hot. A good thing for gelcoat drying on a dinghy (thank you, Bonilla!), a little less good for sitting in the afternoon moving shade of the umbrella. I'd forgotten afternoon street side sitting!

The bread went away among some good chats and and all it took was a long cool shower for revival and renewal to show up inside me. Which meant, since I'd heard that Grady and Cheryl (maybe it's with an S, I didn't ask, oops) were going to be playing at Dinghy Dock. A Friday the 13th high happy hour (our version of high tea). Just in case you've ever wondered if everything that I do in my life eventually leads me to Dinghy Dock? Yes. It does. Very observant of you!

One person told me that he was very surprised I didn't have more on the fire. I had no idea until Bonilla came over to work and told me that there even WAS a fire. With the air so still, I didn't smell any smoke but apparently there was a lot of smoke and a lot of fire over on the hill by Costa Bonita. No homes were in danger, mainly due to the land being cleared of grasses around them. It's not easy maintaining property but well worth it when the fire simply stops because it has no fuel that would lead it to your door. No wind helped too. One couple who came by had been flying earlier and I got to see a couple of bird's eye views of the burned area...it was big. Again, kudos to our firefighters! Those guys rock.

Why am I mentioning this? Because, despite the fact that we are 'supposed to' have some weather coming in today


(don't you love the poetry of the NWS...'will slowly sink southwards') we've got bone deep dryness here and it takes very little to start these fires. So be careful!

Ok, back to the fun part! I would have a video of Cheryl singing but my phone is still in the not working mode. I ran into Jorge the Phone Guy, who promised to be here yesterday got too busy fixing all the other phones messing up and yes, I'll admit, it's more important for Milka to have a working phone (think credit card machine) than me. So I'm on for Monday. In the meantime, that means - and this is so weird - my phone doesn't work, my internet DOES work, but at dial-up speed. Yes, boys and girls, once upon a time, computers were too slow to even watch a video! We had to hope we could find something we liked at the movies, or on television. Yes, we had television. But only 3 stations. I know, I know, it's impossible to believe...but seriously, before that? we had to WALK to the television, uphill both ways, just to turn it on and off and change channels. In the snow. Really.

Do you see how truly difficult it can be for me to get to Dinghy Dock in real life? But at last, here we are!

Not only Grady and Cheryl, but Doug and Ryan (his name is Ryan!) too. It was like houseboat deja voodoo!

with more people (see you next time, B & P!)

Chuck and Pat

It didn't take long for this guy, who we all just met, to get his fair share of applause. Come back soon!

Who does this woman look like from the back? No prizes except for grins

Grady plays one of Balloon John's balloons instruments

Alexis (her name is Alexis!) and Luma dancing the night away

You know it's a good time if Judy is still there, on the other side of the bar! I have no idea what Woody is doing.

With the lovely SCUBA girl Anita taking over

Have an unsaturated Saturday! But if not, do something swimmingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment