Thursday, May 24, 2012

How Did It Get to be Thursday Already?

Looking up. The cool factor doesn't stop in this place. 
Between housesitting and working (painting, sanding, oiling, more painting, coming home to feed critters and taking care of up the hill critters, for the most part) I've managed to do more sleeping than much about blogging. Then, today, I woke up with my back saying 'Walk slightly sideways, hitch your leg a fraction forward, ok, now the other one' which amounted to sort of walking. Apparently, last night while I THOUGHT I was sleeping, I was out practicing for the Olympics, throwing those big and extremely heavy balls for the distance! I hope I won a medal. If I find it, I can hang it from the ceiling and and watch it catch and reflect light, from my prone position. It will be beautiful.

So what follows will be a ramble of not much in the way of photos, but random moments of the last few days. The weather has been funky, grey then sunny, hot and cool, rain spits and dry. In other words, just about normal for this time of year, except for being a few weeks too early. With less rain. Never mind. Point is, the few moments I've seen really pretty 'view' photos have been inopportune to take a photo and the rest have just been hazy. So what you see is what you get. Unlike real life.

View from another housesitting hill. I keep waiting for a super clear day, but...not yet
The porch I've been living on, pretty much. See that chaise lounge? I'm taking it home with me. Sorry, house owner.
A peek into the cool, serene bed room (it's really a bed room structure,
very Caribbean, very awesome) where I do my best Olympic workouts.
I took this photo because Walt wanted me to. For a beer can, it's pretty wonderful.
I expect to see many tattoos that look just like this. 
On my way back up the hill, these horses were all hanging around.
The baby was my real interest but there was a car behind me and the photo ops got limited real fast. 
See that rope? It's not connected to anything. We see that a lot around here.
See that baby? He's soooo cute! We see that a lot around here too.
Yes, this is popcorn popping in a glass pot. Well, sort of.
I know, contain your excitement. This is stuff I actually (and obviously) take photos of, usually for my own entertainment - and yes, I've told you, over and over, I'm easily entertained. The reason I took this is because the person who lives here has these glass pots (what is the difference between a pot and a pan anyway? You want to know? Go here) and I like them. I also like popcorn and eat a lot of it, and thought, that would be neat to see it popping (easily entertained, remember). Except, in case you want to try this, it doesn't work. The popcorn burned on the bottom and only about half of it popped. Maybe my old pyrex pots/pans were different, but apparently this sort has a different temperature thing going on. Experiment failure. Next.

Last but obviously not least...if you need your fix of pre-dawn Culebra's riotously cacophonous bird song, rooster crowing, cat mewling with twinkling lights, you've come to the right place. If not, you know what to (not) do. Sorry about the clicking noises, my camera is loud.


Have an un-troubled Thursday. Do something terrifically triumphant.

2 comments:

  1. MJ! Thanks for the Pre-dawn sounds of Culebra. I loved it and it made me feel very homesick! Love you! Karen (the brit) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, girl. Glad to give you a little bit of your other home (and miss you mucho even while being delirious happy that you are really having a great time!!) xoxoxo
    p.s. Next time I'll do one called Stoop Sounds for Karen

    ReplyDelete