Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Birds and the...birds.

These are very common house finches, male on the left, female on the right. I saw the male here but didn't get the shot. Someone did though!. (phone credit: unknown)
If you read this blog at all, you know I like birds, though I'm ignorant in the extreme about a lot of them, excepting the ones that your average cartoon watcher can identify. But I like them, and I like to take photos of them. So for a housewarming gift to this part of my family, we picked up a bird feeder and bird seed. So I could see birds. The gift that giveth...to me. Yes, they like it too but it was almost an entirely selfish gift with benefits. Of course, now I have to buy a BIG plant to go in the BIG pot and put it below the feeder, which is making a mess on the patio. Because, the birds found it!!! And birds are messy. Woo hoo!!

At least I think they are the same bird. A birder may correct me if I'm wrong, please!



and then they all flew away
Of course, right before I took these shots, there were about six birds on the feeder, including two robins and one that looked like these but very rosy colored. The boy. Sure, leave the ladies to the bad old human. Fine. See if I care. Come baaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkk!

The more exciting news is coming up. Wait for it. No, I'm not being cliche, I really mean, wait for it!

Have a steadfast Saturday! Do something with self assurance.

4 comments:

  1. Have you heard Birdnote Minute? Here's a link to a recent episode. I visited their website and found pictures you might enjoy, as well as the birdsounds.
    http://www.birdnote.org/show/birds-need-water-summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually spent some time on that site yesterday, it's great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatbird.com is quite useful too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Debbie! Between you and Doug and a few others, I'll be a bir...ok, probably not, but y'all will be there for me!

    ReplyDelete