Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stone Me

Yes, I know. It's the 4th of July, another unique to America holiday. But really, do you want to read my take on what is also called Independence Day? Do I even want to write that? Why turn a perfectly good start of a day on its head? If you do want a fair idea of what I think, you can go here and read this person's thoughts on the matter. I'd definitely celebrate the 4th of January!

What do I consider independence? Luckily, someone else has taken care of expressing that too. While, of course, there are many shades of how to live consciously being as free as you can be, this one is pretty fine.


Every time I come up to this land of stone walls and old farms, I wonder if I'd ever get over the wow factor of the scenery both natural and man-made. Yes, you, in the back! The one snickering about how I'd be huddled in a puddle of frozen tears not noticing anything in the winter! Hush. 

Yes, this is not a stone. But I like it a lot anyway.





Sigh.

Yesterday we went to a museum; that is for another day. But I can't resist showing you what was in the gorgeous gardens as a deer deterrent. 


On a stake, with some kind of big paper clip looking top on it, is wedged this wad of hair. Or maybe it's fur. The man we asked said, 'Look at it, it's a salad bar for deer. Yes, it works. But not for bunnies.' He didn't know if it was hair or fur. I'm guessing fur. But that's all I'll guess. It's pretty weird and I liked it. Wonder how it works with iguanas and wild chickens?

Have a win your own freedom Wednesday! Do something wishfully true.


No comments:

Post a Comment