Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sunrise and Veggies

I keep getting swept up in the sky here. Long into what would be dark night at home, the sky here is still having a riotous fireworks display that would be called sunset. Last night I had the wrong camera in my hand (counting the phone as a camera) on a walk with the Alien dog and my grandson.  After a half dozen times of stopping him (my grandson, not the dog) forcibly to look between houses and be wowed by the colors, he finally said, 'I guess I'm just used to it.  To which I say, balderdash! Never get used to it! They wonder about their grandma that says things like 'Balderdash!' but hey, they can just used to it. Harumph.

Morning glory.


The other thing I forgot about the mid-west is how many people garden and the sharing of the bounty. When I lived here, I gardened big and shared as big, because a good garden will produce way too much for a family of four.

It can also produce a lot of garden humour, due to the capricious ways of Nature in shaping her plants. Once upon a time, a suggestively formed squash was the private joke of a family and maybe a few friends, unlike in these days of instantly flashing X rated garden goods around the world, so even if I came across some, I'd not post them. It's just not the same. But I will share these, with a honeydew melon as big as a soccer ball and tomatoes that taste almost X rated themselves, they are so truly tomatoes.

Oh, and despite what my grandkids say, the okra is good too. I'd never seen purple okra before and I can't taste a difference between green and purple, but maybe it's very subtle and I'm not.


Thinking about vibrant new life, don't forget that Nestor and Annabelle are having their grand opening...oh, I'll just let them tell you. I wish I could be there, but it will be a wonderful spot to visit when I get home!


This Saturday the 21st we will be celebrating the grand opening of Vibra Verde, the new healthy breakfast and lunch cafe in the plaza mercado (next to the veggie guy by the catholic church)! We will be serving a taster menu with small portions of all our yummy food. We will have live music from Sons de Culebra from 6-8, and we will open From 12-8. Please bring your good vibes and join us in our celebration!

Our regular hours of operation will be breakfast 8-12 lunch 11-5 everyday except wednesdays and sundays will be brunch 8-1 schedual starting sunday the 22nd. Ill send a copy of the menu out soon as well. Hope to see you there.
Nestor and Annabelle

Love the life you live. Live the life you live.


Have a treasure it Thursday. Do something tantalizingly ticklish.

2 comments:

  1. Ive been sleeping late this week. I have been trying to get back where I was in a dream so I can read something I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your dreams get to the The End stage.

    ReplyDelete