Saturday, July 7, 2012

Soaring

It took four planes, four take offs and landings, four airports and four camera batteries to get from Connecticut to Kansas City. Here's pretty much what happened. Really.

Crossing the country in the sky seems sort of crazy to me, even after all of the times I've done just that. Time gets encapsulated into a weird zone. You are intimately sitting with strangers. And some are stranger than others. The world outside simply goes on with time, regardless of time zones. The sunset may last two hours. A lightning storm turns into a sunny day turns into a blistering hot day. That cools and turns to night, the ground show of city light stars up the bottom of the world outside a small window. A window to the world.


Have a sky bright Saturday! Do something swimmingly.

3 comments:

  1. I like the descriptive-ness of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ is a genius in my life. I wish all her dreams come true. She always provides me with the ispiration for magic which is what a good life is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mark.

    Anonymous, whoa! thanks much and if I can inspire to keep eyes and hearts open to the magic, zowie!

    ReplyDelete