Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Walk in the Park

Here, the tides of summer open up places more easily walked than in winter, where scrambling over rocks will get you to the same places, but with a lot more effort. Effort is all good and well, but seeing beauty without much of it being expended isn't a bad thing.

Turtle nests on the shelf

The mystery of these rocks (because I'm ignorant about geology) never fails to fascinate


Balance is a beautiful thing

Do you see the face?

These are some of my favorites. I'd love to have watched that happen. Of course, I wouldn't be alive to tell the story.

Messages? I think so.

On the way back, a greyer sky and one sailboat in the sun
The weather is so weird, as it has been everywhere from everything I hear. One person told me the long range forecast was for no 'good' rain until fall! I sincerely hope that person is wronger than eating Ding Dong's for your health.

Have a siestaish Saturday. Do something self-exploring.

3 comments:

  1. According to I can't remember his name the guy who used to own Casa Ensenada, those rocks didn't originate on Culebra. They came from an erupting volcano on another island. That's why they look like they were blasted into the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butch Pendergast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Butch. That's pretty fascinating, I'll have to check with him (or anyone else who knows more who'd like to add info!) and see what the back story is. Thanks!

      Delete