Tuesday, July 29, 2014

You Thought I Was Joking, Right? and Some THT

Supplicators need to supplicate! The news of the morning here won't be tiny homes. Okay, in some ways it's all about tiny...tiny whirls of air that might turn into bigger whirls and swirls. Key word *might*. But since I know that some of you still don't have water or canned food or propane stored, it might be time to put get it together. Think altruistically if you need that sort of motivation - you could be the one helping out somebody else who doesn't have the wherewithal to provide for themselves or their family in a time of emergency. There, do you hear your angel wings fluttering? Good.

From the NHC -

Invest 93 - July 29 - 2am:
Satellite data indicate that an area of low pressure located about
1000 miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands is becoming
better defined.  The associated shower and thunderstorm activity
continues to gradually organize, and a tropical depression could
form during the next day or so while the system moves westward or
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
This system has a 1010mb low embedded still in the Monsoon Trough @ 9N/35W.  It is producing scattered moderate convection right now from 5-14N/31-42W.  Those numbers indicate that it remains a very large system.  May very well see Invest 93 turn into a depression later today.  Will update as warranted.

As a local resource, Suzanne makes complex weather easy to understand (yes, I've mentioned her before) and while I use a number of weather sites, only two people I know, both on the big island, keep things very clear and very rational, Suzanne and my other weather guru in San Juan. Suzanne shares!

If you want to be on her email list, please consider adding a small donation for associated costs. She's well well well worth it!


Of course, this can dissipate, turn away in any direction, or be a bigger concern, it's weather and does as it wants. 

Ok, I dissembled fabricated lied changed my mind. There is a tiny house I want to post about. It's been all over the web and I've been resisting, but it is so intriguing, I keep going back to it over and over again, so much so that I thought maybe I'd already posted it. I checked and couldn't find it but if I already did? Mea culpa. 

At 200 sq. feet, it is the biggest tiny home I've seen, or it sure feels that way to me. Built in Hawaii by Jay Nelson (an extremely talented guy with an amazing imagination he translates into reality, you can find out more about him on his website here). The photos are by Jess Bianchi (who is doing lots more cool things, like this!


At first I thought the outside was pretty ramshackle, until I took a closer (and closer) look. Click on the photos for a bigger view.


Where's the kitchen? Where's the bathroom? Apparently the bathroom is under the stairs and if you cannot imagine a kitchen right 'there' then...well.


I love this loft. Yes, a railing for those of us with imbalance at times syndrome might be a good addition. But it is standup-able and I like that. Plus I like that it is stairs that take you up there and not a ladder. And light. Lots and lots of light.


Ok. 200 sq. feet. Really?  Wow! Brilliant.

Have a tick tock Tuesday. Do something tactical.

No comments:

Post a Comment