Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Culebra Disconnect

Up here on housesitting hill, internet service bounces from speedy to impossible, with impossible winning yesterday. It was pretty nice, really, after I resisted the urge to toss my computer through the air to see where it would land. Amazing what can get done in disconnect world...

Racing the storm that never came to us...


My least favorite bird, the thrasher - sneak thief, annoying voice - the politician of birds

More storm racers


 Dakity in the non-storm

I hadn't been in town at the cart for awhile either, with various this and that other things to do. From waiting in the gas line (why do we have to wait for Ricky to show up when Lily is already there? I'm missing something here) to chatting with visitors to a cool down at Dinghy Dock, I was brought back to memories of that (minus the gas wait) as my daily round. My my, things have changed in the past few years. I feel like a Culebra shedding skins...in days of sun and rain and wind.


This is the crane that carries the loads to rebuild the dock that ______ built.

 Corona and can-can

Devon and Judy, happy customer, smiling bartender

Right now, while the weather station from Vieques says clear, a brief shower is just ending, sunrise pink edges some grey clouds and the birds are singing again. It must be time to feed some dogs and cats.

Have a settled Saturday. Do something supinely.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific photos. I enjoyed my visit, it was like a vacation for my eyes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete