Monday, June 6, 2011

Spirals of the Caribbean, Culebra and Santa Fe

Either the internet is on slo-mo this morning or the little dudes who pedal really fast to keep things going in the universe are taking a well deserved break, so this will be brief. I know you can understand. Good.

This is what our world looks like about now. The radar shows a mess from Invest 94, which might or might not get checked out by the Hurricane Hunters (a trip I dearly want to go on sometime).


This is what MY world looks like right about now (give or take a few hours, it still looks like this). And I think it will continue to look like this for awhile. But no complaints! The temps are down, the humidity is not sitting on us like an invisible cloak weighing 1000 lbs and it's easy to pull weeds. I'm sure there is other good stuff but that's all I can think of right now.


This has nothing to do with Culebra, except that I want this. Even though I don't have two stories on my little shack/casita. It would be worth building a second story if I could have this staircase. Ok, not THIS staircase, the shipping alone would be crazy, beside the jail time.



Just looking at it makes me dizzy. Er. Yes. Hush. This is the Loretto staircase in Santa Fe, NM. It has a wonderful legend, and a brilliant construction story. Plus mysteries. Like, no one knows what exact sort of wood it is made from. Or surety about who built it. You can read more about it here (a neat site too, you can 'ask the builder' questions and it's free!)

That's about it. Except for a Culebra head's up. If you've been waiting (a week or so) for a package that hasn't arrived, check the PO. Apparently some notices were...mislaid...and have now been found. So go check it out. This is why I've not had hot sauce to sell for a week (no wax, which has been sitting in the PO, which I found out after I semi-politely blasted the company I buy it from, who have been nothing but wonderful for years and I'm a jerk).

Have a moderate Monday. Do something mellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment