Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, where ever you are!

I seem to know a lot of newish fathers these days. Zach, Juanito, Steve, Milton, Scott, Louis, Jonny...to name a few. The best part of knowing them  is how much each of them really love being fathers! Wild men turned to child men as love brings them to their heart knees. And to you other fathers I know, near and dear to me, Ryan in particular, the father of my grandchildren, I see that love grown over the years - the time and the joy; the quiet persevering love. I think of older (like me!) friends of mine who still have their fathers alive and in their lives, of the love that has followed their children into adulthood, who still can lean into that love and know its strength. And I think of us who no longer have our fathers on this plane, who rely on memories and photographs and the words we can still hear in our heads and hearts when we listen closely.

To all of the good fathers (and yes, that means there are some not so good; I know), no matter where on the path you are, the most important thing is your love made real, in time and in deed. And that's what you'll get back, always and always. Here's to the real Dads - and that includes those good men who step into children's lives as Dad - salud, carry on. Happy Father's Day!

These photos have nothing to do with Father's Day, but it was a dramatic afternoon at Dinghy Dock. I got the cart closed just in time!

 From blue skies to white out


 Yippie! The rain stopped - we can play again!

 Round two white out

 I've never seen a pelican do this...

 Drinking the rain!

 Woo hoo! It stopped again!

 But then it came back (and then it stopped and it was pretty much sunshine after that)

Have a sparkly Sunday! Do something sincerely. 

2 comments:

  1. IT looks like you're getting the same weather we are, or vice versa!
    Happy Fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a repeat right now...sunny blue skies and zap! right now in a white out.

    ReplyDelete