Thursday, June 2, 2011

One of the coolest loops and more stuff

I want to post this loop right now, but I want to finish this post too. (That's why god made facebook, instant gratification - sometimes that's a good thing. Sometimes not). Because it's cool. The loop, that is, not facebook. But by the time you see it, it may just be...weather. The loop appears to be indicating we have some wet weather ahead. Right now, with 91% humidity, it's already wet, it's just not raining. Ok, I get excited about radar loops. Lucky for me, I'm easily entertained. If you ever think you want to live on Culebra, that is a prerequisite. If you live here, you already know that.

Which is why I loved these horses in my yard yesterday. I thought CWIM was being especially thumpy on the porch, but it was a horse instead.


But he wasn't the only horse in the yard. He was the only one not in the slightest bit scared of me though. I had to sneak around the house to get the other shots.



Not long after this one, the Mamas rounded up the babies and they went to new pastures down the road. It was one of those good Culebra moments.

"Wait for me!"
The transformation of my yard continues to amaze me. I'm not just grateful for the magic rain growth, but for the shade. Shade is good. Shade is important. Shade keeps my head from exploding. Most of the time.



CWIM always finds a waiting spot while I wander around the yard, especially if I go down near the water. It can be on an overturned boat. Or a table. Or a little bench that no one sits on but her and the occasional iguana.


All my work today will be outside, doing the kind of work I really like, making yard plants tidy. It is work in a beautiful place. It will be a hot beautiful place. I may break down and wear a hat. I never wear hats but this might be the day to wear one, even if it is only so I can soak it in water at some point before tossing it back on my head. Maybe even twice.

Have a temperate Thursday. Do something tossable.

3 comments:

  1. Hi - looping radar images as art! Can you identify the plant in the middle of the next-to-last picture? Calabash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a neem tree...gotta get a calabash going here one of these days!

    Yes, if I were an artist, I'd definitely look at radar loops as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! You said middle of the next to last...that's papaya.

    ReplyDelete