Saturday, July 2, 2011

Culebra Bridge Music

Yesterday morning I was sitting at the cart when I heard music. I hear a lot of music at the cart, cars and even scooters blaring reggetone, boats going under the bridge, pounding out salsa, sometimes someone singing a song or humming a tune as they go walking by, which I love.

But this music was reminiscent of only one person; Les. Les is the only person I've ever heard around here playing the accordion from his boat, the notes drifting over the water like a dream sound. But over the years, I'm pretty familiar with Les' style, and this wasn't Les; beside that, Les is in New Mexico, and his boat is sold. So it was a pretty sure guess it wasn't him.

Was it from a room at Posada La Hamaca? A boat going really s l o w l y under the bridge? The tunes kept on and I had to find out. This is what I saw.


There was Jorge, emanating a Buddha like peace and making music. It was wonderful.

This is what I heard.


until someone who shall remain nameless started weed whacking! That's okay though, he kept on playing, and occasionally singing along. People would stop on the bridge awhile to listen, smiling. Thank you for the concert(ina), Jorge. What a sweet addition to a holiday morning. 

Have a serene Saturday. Do something unselfishly.

5 comments:

  1. What is 'The Cart'?
    I was watching the video and it struck me that this is really a very pleasing sound.
    I think you would like the movie Amelie. It is all in French, but has subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the cart. The cart is a little kiosko, or gypsy like trailer that I have my business in, selling hot sauces I make, art, jewelry, etc. It is located right next to the bridge (our only 'real' bridge) in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...forgot to respond to the rest...I'll have to check that movie out, thanks! And yes, it is/was very pleasing, very peaceful, considering the decibel level and hard hitting-ness of our usual holiday musical offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you catch that accordion player in action again, please post another video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be my pleasure Raquel!

    ReplyDelete