Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just another day in Paradox

Figuring the third time would be a charm, I went down to the multi-use building this morning to get this year's boat marbetta for the dinghy. December - the collecteria lady had taken the day off so I couldn't pay anyone. January - no show. February...okay!

But...it wasn't at the multi-use building, which is in town, it was at the ACDEC building, which is across from the museum. Luckily for me, David the Wireless Guy was also there and kindly offered a ride (okay, I asked for a ride but he kindly gave me one). Out we go and nope, no one. So we went to the DRN building, the other cool building on Culebra, down by the water. Yes! Score!

Except...there was no internet signal to coordinate between San Juan and Culebra. The phone guy was running around trying to make it happen but then he went away somewhere and didn't come back. Finally the decision was made to move to the ACDEC office. So, by now a larger crowd, all walked and drove across the road, trooped into the office, dutifully sat our bottoms down and hoped. No. We couldn't stay there (why? don't ask why - really, I don't know). So we all rise up and go back over to the DRN building and in minutes, we're trooping in, one by one to the back. A few people had left but a lot more had shown up, so I considered myself lucky when I finally got called in. My frustration was immediately turned to hysterical laughter because...
here is how the problem was solved

Doesn't every office have a window that you can put your computer in to pick up a signal? Sure it does...if you live on Culebra. I was given permission to take the photo and got done in record time. I casually mentioned that I'd be posting it on my blog and at least 6 people were laughing as hard as I was as I walk out the door. So here's to you, Mr. Fix the Problem DRN guy!

The rest of the day here and there was filled with little moments. And here they are.

I could live here...

Wall at DRN...I looked at it a lot today

An Eeyore moment (but I didn't eat this)
 

Oh yeah, I spent all that time in there so I can go out HERE!!

Have a thirst slaking Thursday. Do something tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment