Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to February 2010 - don't blink! Time is flying

Time is flying and so are chickens. So I've mentioned a few times about these yard birds that have been around here quite awhile now, and yesterday I posted a photo of the one looking into the coop. She's gotten to where every day she spends a good deal of time looking in. Well, fairly close to the coop is a gazebo where I have a hammock and a table and chairs. I was sitting there awhile ago reading and eating some leftover arroz con gandules and suddenly there is this wild fluttering and she is ON the edge of my book, going for the rice! We both freaked out, luckily not including tossing the bowl onto rocky ground. But the rice that did go flying was gobbled up by her zip zap fast. I don't think introducing her to the coop is going to be really difficult...

There is a couple here visiting that I've fallen madly in love with. I figure I can safely say, if I were ever to be in a relationship, I'd want theirs to be the standard figuring I'll continue my singlehood because of the rarity of them. Funny, interesting, intelligent and obviously devoted to each other, Archie and Janet just make me grin the instant I see them. Plus I got to dance with them at Susie's anniversary party, a dance I'll always cherish. If you meet them along the way, give a wave. You'll get a lot more back.

 

Tomorrow is hot sauce cooking day. I didn't think I was EVER going to run out this year but as usual, I ran out of my two favorites at once. I am often asked which hot sauce is the most popular, Honey Heat (the red one) or Manaya Heat (the yellow/gold one). And after 5 years of making these sauces, the same thing happens over and over again. They both sell out at the same time. Maybe with one bottle of one or another left over, but close enough. Now that the new sauce Bajan Heat (the brown one) has joined in...maybe...it will be interesting to see how they average out. I don't know how Jimmy over at Coqui Fire does it with his six sauces. Four are plenty for me (the other one is the Culebra Pique)! I mean it. Really.

Have a melodic Monday! Do something merry.

4 comments:

  1. but, but, but i want a green one! oh, and thanks for the rice visual. so glad you didn't waste it. and yes, Archie and Janet are just wonderful for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pondering a green one...(Jade Heat?)...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Jade Heat. great name. i can taste it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we like it but it's pretty corny, really. I'll be thinking about it. And the taste you taste? That's what I'll really be working on!

    ReplyDelete