Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some more before

I wrote the other day about being in New Zealand for Kylie Kwong's restaurant for her combo Valentine's / Chinese New Year dinner. In case you couldn't get reservations in time but still wanted to celebrate in such a fashion, Jaden of Steamy Kitchen has offered a menu solution. And from Carroll Pellegrinelli at about.com comes a simple, sexy and elegant dessert, just light enough to follow those several courses earilier. Or you could make a pb & j picnic and have it on the beach, with chocolate milk chasers.

Since my home is too little to be able to re-arrange the furniture much, I take my urge to change things out in the gardens. Yesterday, one of the most beautiful days in the year (again), I spent a fair amount of time, on and off, doing just that. Container pots got moved around, old plants pulled, soil readied for new seeds that have yet to arrive. A tidying up, if you will. I had bigger plans for the day but the pleaure of playing with dirt overcame most of them. Plus, I went to meet Susie's sister, who is on island for a couple of days. Similar and of course, not, it was great to meet her. We are surrounded by a culture that holds family dear, but for many of us, family is far away and rarely met, so it's always good to meet a friend's family from 'out there'; and Carol is no exception. I think she'll be back sooner than later. All in all, a good and satisfying day off.

 Cheep and Chirp, growing up

This is the time of year that so much in the garden looks rusty to me. What a good surprise to find that the orchid I thought would bloom last month was saving up for a triple now

Another one of the 'lost' photos that reminds me of why I love Culebra...

Have a wickedly fine Wednesday. Do something wistly.




No comments:

Post a Comment