Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Full Dance Card

There is a herd of not really wild but wild horses around here again, and once again they seem drawn to my yard, running in and out. Yes, there is high grass at the far end of the yard, but it's an obstacle course for them to get there, so I don't know why they do this. I only know waking up with the thud of fast hooves about 2 inches from my head. While I"ve been typing they've made three more galloping roundabout incursions, way too fast for photos - I didn't want to get trampled as they leaped through my garden like steeplechasers. Welcome to Paradox. Okay, onward.

Yesterday felt very busy for one staying close to home these days. Going out twice in one 12 hour span? Oh what a flibbertigibbet I am! First it was to Tamarindo. Children from Abbie's school and the public school were coming to help plant trees in a very co-operative venture. There are a few different agencies, the municipality and just plain folks who have joined together to make this happen, with dramatic results. The project is ongoing; you can check it out and watch the progress.


Getting instructions

This is a native grass and it is doing really well here. Its name sounds like patchouli but it isn't.

Grown men working with tenderness toward plants and children alike. Oh my. 


"If you just tap it with your foot, right there..." "Like this?" 
I'm not sure what he was going to do with the shovel but it looked impressive

Yes, there was Santa, checking to see who was being naughty or nice.
Kai getting his hands dirty
All along the road grasses and rocks, big rocks, are being put in place for erosion control
One day this will be full of native trees, a beautiful wood on the beach

Watch pup



Look at my tree!

Mary Ann and her ducklings

I'd love to know what she was writing
Somewhere in the day these just appeared
The kids are done but the work isn't
The day led to Dinghy Dock, where music and birthday celebrations were on the menu.

A beautiful boat in the harbor, yet another of the bonuses of winter.
Most of the usual suspects and a few visitors, with Anita presiding
"My brothers," he said.

More signs of the holidays popping up here and there. I don't know which elves were busy creating fun, but it looks great!


I need to take another photo, there are now gift wrapped prezzies here too.

Have a satisfying sigh of a Saturday. Do something spontaneous.

7 comments:

  1. Did they plant the trees at Soldado too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't answer that as I've not been out to Soldado lately but I'm pretty sure this project is centered on Tamarindo for now.

      Delete
    2. When we were at Soldado last March someone had planted some coconut palms.

      Delete
    3. That could have been anyone. A good thing! Except when the wind blows and you're shade sheltered under it.

      Delete
    4. They were only about 4 ft tall. Don't have to be concerned for about 15 years. :-)>

      Delete