Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jump on the day

We're covered in Sahara dust...most likely a couple of more days. One of the forecasts called for high winds, which I was hoping was true, to scoot the dust on out of here, but we'll see what happens. In the meantime, a certain artist I know has promised if we go to wearing masks to filter swine flu and dust particles that he will paint mine pretty. I'm sort of looking forward to that in a weird way...


Thanks, Perry & Kristi, for starting my day out with this reassuring bit of information. It's too important to just keep to myself.
Health ALERT

If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you
not to eat pork packed in a can because of swine flu - ignore it. It's just spam.

The air is definitely thick. The upside is that rain is not likely, as the dust makes a sort of 'cap' in the atmosphere. Ok, this is not a math problem...you are hot and sticky, it's not raining = go to the beach! If you can't get to the beach, at least hang out by the water.


I was given some very special and very beautiful mangoes by Sylvia yesterday. Talk about feeling guilty, Sylvia walks into town every day, to take care of family in one way or another, either cooking for them, bringing plants, sewing...I guess at close to 70 she is the youngster in the crowd. So here she came along, towing a pull cart with a box on it, with mangoes for me (and some for her family too, so it wasn't ALL guilt producing). These mangoes are some of the great ones, and I eat as many as I actually let end up in the hot sauce. Which of course is the right thing to do! I get into the rut of mangoes / hot sauce, yet there are soooo many ways to use them. The other day I put them in my banana bread, cutting the bananas to half and using the mangoes. Very yummy. I'll play with some more ideas for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment