Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beginnings

On my way to town to check and see if work had actually started on the bridge, I came across these gulls, podded on the water. My loud engine didn't seem to alarm them much.


The pilings at Cayo Pirata were also considered party central.

Ashore, the mango trees around the island are getting loaded up with fruit. There are over 1000 varieties of mangoes in the world, and I'm not sure how many are represented on Culebra, but this is one of my very favorites (in case you wonder where I get my mangoes for Manaya Heat, now you know - thanks, people with mango trees who share them with me!)


And YES!!! The bridge work was actually started on the day that I was told, Monday! They've cleared out all the weed trees, trash and brush, and were pressure washing when I got there yesterday. Quite a bit to get done in two days and I have to say, I'm impressed.

Pressure washing
 
Pressure watching

Clean!

Clearing bush Culebra style

Cart space *sniff*

I'm still working on finding out what that boom was. Well, I'm still asking people who might know and they are reaching out to their contacts. I know it may seem a bit obsessive, but if you'd felt and heard it, you'd want to know too!

Today looks to be hazy and hot. Not warm; hot. A potential 3 shower day. I'm just really glad we don't sweat like dogs, or the front of my shirts would be a mess.

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Do something that makes you say "Woohoo!!"

p.s. Gail's party has been moved to the 15th of May, rather than May 1st! More news as I get it.

2 comments:

  1. After the "boom" and through the haze, my 7x50s did not see a smoke plume associated with the Vieques range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told it WAS from Vieques...on the east end.

    ReplyDelete