Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We Say Goodbye, She Says Hello (Michigan)

Just as we started getting things together, a good rain came along, but it ended just in time for the party to begin!


Molly made a beautiful cake!

I didn't think we could eat all of this food, but somehow...we did

Some of the crowd who came to wish Linda well

Walt brought along his really insanely huge selection of tunes...
I don't think there is any style of music he doesn't have
(except for some warbling that went on a couple of times...
Good Night Sweetheart Over the Rainbow). Thanks, Walt!

Grady played for awhile also, but somehow I didn't get a shot of that. Thanks, Grady, Sorry I can't sing in time to music when I'm nervous; you did good, mi amigo (and thanks, Judy, I apparently can't read when I'm nervous either);!

Susie and Linda - thanks so much Susie, for providing your place during electricity hell!
(and thanks, all who cleaned up as best as possible at the time;
hope it's not too bad, tonight crew!)

Saying farewell to one of the first close friends I met here isn't easy, but when I see the excitement in Linda's eyes...that helps a lot. A new place, a new home and old friends with all sorts of handy things only moments away, yes, I get it (except for that slowly subsiding selfish place that pops up its little head in my soul once in awhile).

Those were some days, my friend

Go well, dear Linda! We're only a hop, skip and a few flights away!. And who knows, I really MIGHT make it to Michigan this summer (I've actually been to Michigan for a couple of weeks before and had a wonderful time -.yeah, who knew?). Much love and salud to new beginnings, again!

We'll always have the stoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment