Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rain and booms and sunshine, oh my


Yesterday gave us a few moments of intensity. First we got some rain, hard rain that didn't last long enough but at least enough to perk up the plants. Then, mid afternoon, I was busy doing nothing very important on the computer when there was a booming and the whole shack shook. I went onto facebook (which quite a few of us on Culebra use as a coconut telegraph) and asked if anyone else heard/felt that - about the same time others were asking the same thing.

Amphibious exercises Culebra, PR 1936
It was felt and heard island wide. One person said it was a found bomb exploded in the water between Culebra and Vieques...and until I head to town, I'll just have to leave it at that for now. I'm sure that sound and shaking brought back a lot of very bad memories of those days when bombs were not exploded as a precaution against something terrible happening to an unsuspecting person, but were intentionally dropped on this populated island, disregarding anything dangerous resulting from such a barbaric practice.

The rain brought out some flowers. This is one of my favorite weeds!

Bombs and flowers...an odd theme of sorts in my life!

Onward! New ferreterias to discover! Garden hoses to fix from overpressurized breakage! PRTC guy to track down to see if six weeks with no phone can be reversed! Oh, the busy life of the unemployed...


No comments:

Post a Comment