Monday, June 7, 2010

5...4...3...2..

Yesterday afternoon the sky had a slight blue in it...call all of your friends! I went to Flamenco, where I'd heard there might be lots of pelicans diving for sardines, but they must have been napping by my arrival time. Instead, the gulls were out in full force and the beach was pretty crowded with lots of big island people looking to enjoy the sun and water without rain. Which looks like it will be the conditions for a few days, or maybe a shower or two. Hope so for visitors though, and David, that means you, your beautiful wife and my adopted Puerto Rican grandson too.

Hidden in plain sight

Can't talk, gotta catch the gua gua!

Meditative contemplation

Ok, I'm done now. Food...want food.



Looks like way big fun! 
(can you sort of see blue in the sky?)

Of course, the rain is starting now, out of nowhere. But it shouldn't last long...really! Head's up, I'm leaving early dawn thirty tomorrow so there won't be a post until I'm settled in my bedroom in Maine - probably by Wednesday? And I wanted to mention: I've gotten a couple of emails about people worrying that I've let the world know I'll be gone from here for so long. As I told them and anyone else wondering, it's like the cart - all the good stuff ain't here! If someone needs some plates and glasses and a bunch of typing paper badly enough to face CWIM and assorted caretakers, more power to 'em!

Excited. Nervous. Ready for a new adventure that includes an eagle's nest on property close by, lots of farmer's markets, different shaped lobsters, music and music and music and old friends, not quite in that order. See you on the flip side! And don't forget, send your Culebra pics so other readers (and me too!) can keep getting some tastes of home - I just need to know who to give credit to, so don't forget at least your initials.

Take care of Culebra. I miss her already.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of good music...
    http://www.levonhelm.com/midnight_ramble.htm
    You won't be too far away for one of his Midnight Rambles. Held at his farm in Woodstock NY. Very intimate setting in his farmhouse with special guests and food. Like sitting around a musicians jam session. Enjoy Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Wouldn't that be amazing? Thanks, Shawke, I do hope so and plan on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some might be beginning to miss you, but i, for one, can not WAIT until tomorrow. 24 hours from now as a matter of fact. oh, and you'll be seeing moose on Thursday.

    that music sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete