Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Something to celebrate June 1


June, coming from Juno, goddess, daughter of Saturn and  sister/wife of Jupiter, considered protectoress of women, 'she who warns and protects'. She could throw lightning bolts too, which had to come in handy for a warrior goddess. So a fine month, June! It also happens to be my birth month, so I'm rather attached to it.


Juno and Jupiter - Just another day among the gods  
painting by Annibale Carracci

But the biggest reason I'm double posting today is because I realize it is not grey all over the world and for those of you in this hemisphere, garden time has begun. Which means summer markets have begun as well. And in the Farmer's Almanac online is the coolest farmer's market finder I've come across yet. You just plug in your US state or Canadian province and get lists of markets in your area. Yes, I wish it was world wide but it IS the Farmer's Almanac out of New England. I haven't searched to see if there are others for different areas of the world, but I bet so. If you know of any, let me know and I'll post the links.

And just for good measure, here is the list of Hurricane names for 2010. Pick the one that makes you think 'oh NO!' and start practicing good vibrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment