Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A horse is a horse of course of course

Today Spartacus, a horse I've met out here in the country, was being quite a horse, talking loudly enough in his own way...incredible that he is actually quite the beauty when he isn't playing games.


He was pretty determined not to show the quite imperial side of himself today

From the barn we headed to the woods, where there was a little fellow resting. Perhaps hiding gold is harder than it sounds?


Down at the creek, the water was really running strong. There were some magical blue dragonflies around, but none that wanted to stay still long enough to let me capture them in the camera. Which is not a bad thing...

This is a little blurry, but I like it because it sort of felt a little blurry

It was afternoon and the light was...magic

So of course I tried again for clarity...

and then again...and then the batteries died so what you see is what you get

Before we got out here, we were driving around Camden and Belfast (I think) and were down on these funky roads by the sea (and I didn't even know it WAS the ocean - I've seen some big lakes around here and it was foggy and wow! it's the ocean? Oh boy! Yes, I felt like an idiot) with some wonderful little houses all along the way. Phil says it used to be a pretty run down area, with a chicken processing factory where there is now a beautiful green space. Not anymore. The little houses are quaint and tidy, with the sea in their backyards...but of course, I was more fascinated with the wooden boat building businesses.


The builders were nice enough to let me take photos...and drool on their shaved wood curls

 How she feels to me

I think this might be the wrong mast for the dinghy...

A couple of beauties

This truly is a place of beautiful boats and dramatic coastlines and I'm lucky to have the chance to see a slice of it and be able to share it. It's not Culebra, but the same love of the sea lives here, in a different form, and resonates with me in the same heart and soul place - just a different level. I hope it does for you too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the lines on that whitewash and teak are sweet. If you get back there and she is still moored, I'd love to see a shot of her broadside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's out on a dock I couldn't quite figure out how to get to...but she is sweet!

    ReplyDelete