Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm here! And it's...chilly & beautiful

A long day yesterday that started too early and a little sadly/weirdly when I found the chickens dead when I went to feed them. Sorry for the bad news first but hey, how do you think I felt? Apparently something got in the coop, a dog? A chupacabra? So the day got absolutely better from that point on. Yes, there will be more chickens when I get home!

All flights pretty much showed up on time. I was totally surprised by Jet Blue, which I've never flown and their routes and my journeys never really met up before. FREE, and GOOD snacks. FREE soft drinks and water. And as many of each as you feel like asking for. Comfortable seats. Free headphones for the few movies offered, none of interest to me. Plus, it was inexpensive and one shot from SJU to Boston.



All the photos in this post are taken from behind windows...plane/coach/bedroom. It's a theme. This woman sitting next to me on the plane, from Ethiopia, spoke out loud my own thoughts about her desire to touch the clouds, wondering if the different shapes would feel differently. But we both agreed we'd rather not find out. This morning's was because it felt too cold to go outside! But it's supposed to warm up and yesterday wasn't bad...there is blue in the sky and I'm not complaining.

Hitting the Mass coastline

 See all the quaint houses

More quint houses & pretty boats

All of those houses? they are 
RIGHT across from the freakin' airport!! 
And they aren't old houses either..

Seven minutes after hitting the door of Logan I was getting on the bus to Maine. Bus is a misnomer, since I've ridden some buses in my day. This really deserved its self name of Concord Coach. Comfortable, quick, a movie (we decided by vote of a choice of four; A Young Victoria won and wasn't bad at all). The driver was funny without being annoying, the rules were few. Don't smoke, drink or use your cell phone - all of which were easy to abide by. For two hours anyway.




And a rainbow welcome...I'm there/I'm here!

And suddenly there was Laurie and there was Phil and off we went to a delicious dinner (Phil and I had the lambburger since it was one of the specials and it was very, very good!) at a very comfortable and friendly place, overlooking a piece of water that I will name later when I am back in the ;being able to remember anything' mode. One thing I just remembered was the couple next to us heard us mention Culebra and asked if we'd ever been there...they had and they love it, coming back in October. Funny!

Back at the hacienda it was dogs going crazy, cats inspecting, a bird screeching and a bedroom bigger than my casita.  Finally the house settled, and sleep came. It's morning now, bright and beautiful and cool but warming quickly. I've thrown off the blankets. I've only just seen the view from it this morning out of big, uncurtained windows. And life is good.


Let the adventure continue!

8 comments:

  1. Condolences on your birds. Glad your trip went smoothly. Hey, Laurie and Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the chickens MJ, but glad you arrived safely and your travels weren't bad.

    Welcome to the North!! Ya know, I felt a change in the air yesterday late day, it must have been your arrival on our shores. Thanks for bringing the groovy vibe : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, me too, and I will pass that along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ, glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have your own show on The Travel Network, or better yet PBS. Have fun!! Years from now when you are oooold, you will not say I wish I hadn't, you will say I wish I had. "Life is a carnival believe it or not"...Levon Helm.

    ReplyDelete