Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the clear? Maybe!

A little breeze, a little sun, that works!  The soggy ground needs a chance to dry up and the now well watered plants want to bloom (the good ones and the weeds too). Here are some shots from yesterday with its unexpected downpour with 25 + knot winds and the following calm.

The storm moves in

After the storm

No, this is not a black and white photo

Are you sure I can't go back in the coop? It's wet out here!

Reflections

No, this is not New England

Another drenched chanticleer

Yes, the banana leaf (from yesterday's post) opened
  ...purty, ain't it?

Late in the afternoon a number of us went to Mamacita's to watch a slideshow video that Pat has put together on the late and great Capt. Jack. It was a bit of a tear jerker (of course, I have friends who  believe I cry easily at anything slightly emotional...I might...maybe) but with laughing too. But I really didn't even think about taking photos until after I left. I think that was how it was supposed to be.

By then we were at Dinghy Dock and there were other photos to take. Namely this Growler Neil and Steve are selling. And it is a very limited edition since it's sort of an experimental thing so if you want in, jump quick. Here's the deal: you buy the first Growler for 25.00, then each refill is 14 dollars (I think that's right, check for yourself as you should always do if I toss around numbers). Neil says the refills can be any beer you want. He would not extend it to rum or vodka though - we asked.

 We love you anyway, Neil, and your Growler too!

Tonight is Amigo Night at Dinghy Dock, a good time to go check out Growlers and Crooners both. 

Have a tame Thursday. Ok, just kidding.

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny - as I was scrolling down your post I thought these look like the view from the bridge in Wiscasset on my morning commute yesterday. It's hard to imagine that color - um, lack of color in Culebra. When do you head to Maine? I got that job I mentioned in Boothbay Harbor. So, I'll be in town pretty much daily. Now that I think of it - I bet there are enough Culebra lovers in the area for a Culebra party in Maine! That could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very colorless, for sure, but not cold by any stretch of the imagination...the sky is still grey but at least the sun is out now - a good day for the beach. Congrats on the job and no doubt we will see each other in Boothbay. A Culebra party...that could be a possibility...

    ReplyDelete
  3. inquiring minds just need to know about any job in Boothbay Harbor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lewis sure enjoyed his Growler on our porch the last couple of nights he was there. I'm sure he can't wait to get back for his $14.50 refill. On our way back to ATL, our flight was delayed, so we went to the Old Harbor Brewery in OSJ. Wow - PRICEY is a gross exaggeration, and we are not ones to balk at paying for good food! We enjoyed our meal, but were very careful about what we ordered so that we could keep the lunch bill down to size. We did very much enjoy all the different beers, and tried only those we had not had at Neil's. Now we know which ones are our favorites, and Neil's got 'em - IPA and the Pilsner.

    My parents are traveling through Maine this summer. I have encouraged them to check out BBH. BBH - Lord, that SO means something else in Atlanta! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie -- it would be great to meet them! please let us know if they are coming our way and we'll put out the carpet rojo!

    ReplyDelete